Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Report #6A: Moscow to New York Via Orenburg

Ladies and gentlemen:

It’s been almost a week since my last report to you, so first allow me to first apologize for such a long absence.

In my last report, I explained how DW and I were not allowed to see the child we were referred when we arrive in Ulyanovsk. After futilely waiting there several days hoping the problem could be solved, we left by train for Moscow a week ago this evening and we arrived safely in Moscow last Saturday morning to re-charge and re-group. Since then, things have moved swiftly and I’ve not had enough time to sit down and another update. So here is an abbreviated report on our trip starting just after our arrival into Moscow last Saturday morning and ending this morning as I write to you.

For those of you who just can’t stand skipping to the last page of a book to see what happens in the end, stop reading. I will post a more comprehensive and illustrated narrative when I get a little bit more time.


STOP READING HERE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO READ AHEAD TO THE END


SCROLL DOWN IF YOU DO WANT TO SKIP AHEAD



















































On Sunday evening DW and I flew to Orenburg. The next day we were introduced to a ten-month-old little boy on Monday afternoon. On Wednesday afternoon we went to the notary public to sign an (1) application to the Operator of the Federal Databank of Children Without Parental Care to remove this candidate from the Databank and (2) a Petition to Adopt this candidate to be filed with the applicable Orenburg Regional court. On Thursday morning we flew from Orenburg to Moscow, then switched airports and planes and departed Moscow for JFK. We arrived at JFK last night where a car picked us up and took DW and I to my godparents’ house on Long Island where I am writing to you from now. In about 90 minutes a car will pick-us up and take us to LaGuardia to fly the last leg of our journey home to Chicago.