Friday, March 18, 2005

Report #1: Preparing to Depart for Russia

Ladies and gentlemen:

I announced last week that DW and I are departing on Sunday of Russia. I'm going to try to keep you updated on our progress with posts on this forum and illustrate those updates with the maximum amount of photos too.

Like many of you, I have posted photos of the room DW and I prepared for what we hope to soon be our son. So endearing.

Well now it's time to put the cute nursery and child photos aside and show the some of the "down 'n dirty" side of international adoption. Yes, I'm talking about packing-up for your trip! Here is another photo of that room, temporarily converted into our Russian travel planning, preparation, and packing "war room".

We're packing-up and preparing to go. After some last minute laundry, we should be all packed-up by noon tomorrow so we can catch our breath before our trip starts in earnest.

Here is a photo of our packing "war room".