Wednesday, August 24, 2005

To celebrate DW's birthday this weekend we drove from Chicago up to Lake Geneva to spend the weekend at the Grand Geneva Resort and the Timberidge Resort and water park. It's a good place and the Timberidge Resort rents rooms that are realy like an apatment with a living room and kitchenette. Great if you're traveling with children.

However we should have rented a two-bedroom unit. The resort supplied us with a pack 'n play for Ashton Beau to sleep in and we set it up ion the one bedroom. Our first night there was the first night we stayed in the same room with him since we were back in Orenburg. We I knew Ashton Beau was noisy when he was awake. Now I know that he gets only a little quieter when he's asleep. It's amazing how much noise a 15 month old can generate by rolling around in his sleep and breathing as loud as I snore.

On Saturday we too Ashton Beau to the waterpark and he liked the water. He was hesitatnt at first but took to it pretty quickly. The only part he really didn't like was the slides I took him on with me. I'll have to wait until he is a little older for that.

The folowing Sunday we hosted a brunch for DW's birthday with members of her estended family and mine attending. My brother and his wife flew in from Brasil to meet Ashton Beau for the first time. We even dressed Ashton Beau in the blue airplane overalls that my brother and I wore when we were his age. My mother loved it!

We all had a good time and DW had a great birthday.

Ashton Beau playing with one of the stools in our room at the Timberidge Resort.



Practicing for college - using a bar stool as a walker.



Surprised by something in the living room.



On the balcony during a leisurely Sunday breakfast.



Playing in a swing at the water park.



Ashton Beau with my brother at brunch.



Playing with my brother's wife at brunch.



Ashton beau taking a nap with my brother and sister-in-law.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Looks like the little fellow is taking well to the fun and frolic! And you and your brother must be...brothers. :)

5:08 PM  
Blogger Bus and Sabra said...

That little guy sure is handsome! Love the updated photos! Is it me, or has he grown by leaps and bounds? Isn't it amazing how such a little person can steal your heart? It is written all over your faces the love and adoration you all have for one another!

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home